The exhibitions which were organised in the camp provided a focus for creative and commercial activity – and were also social events. The first one was held in August 1915, 1 while the second was reported in the December edition of that year 2. The exhibition in the Autumn of 1916 3 was a more modest affair than its predecessors, but it was apparently characterised by better quality work. The exhibition of March 1917 4, 5 was highly praised in the newspaper, both in terms of quality, and in terms of the range of items displayed. The article on the final exhibition 6, in June 1918 reports on how it had been a success despite various difficulties.
- 1.#1: The First Art and Trade Exhibition, Stobs 1915
- 2.#6: The Second German Art and Trade Exhibition
- 3.#2(16): The Stobs Autumn Exhibition for Art in Handicrafts
- 4.#8(22): The Exhibition for Crafts, the Decorative Arts and the School
- 5.#9(23): The Exhibition for Crafts, the Decorative Arts and the School
- 6.#22(36): The Exhibition for Trades, Arts and Crafts and the School